Elewana Sand River Masai Mara
Luxury tented camp lying on the northerly route of the spectacular annual migration. Guests can sink back in time and savour the same glamorous ambience, unspoilt scenery and spectacular game viewing as the Hollywood stars, royalty and celebrities of that classic era of African adventure.
• 15 tented rooms – 4 twins, 11 doubles (49m2)
• 1 Family tent with 2 en suite bedrooms adjoined by a central lounge area (87m2)
Room Features & Amenities
King Size Bed, Large Bathroom with Shower and Tub, Work Desk and chair, Lounge sofa and chairs, Fan, Deck chairs and umbrella, 24h power, In-tent charging facilities
Wine & Dine
Individual dining. Meal times are flexible.
Dining styles offers; À la carte menu preparation focusing on freshness and safe food handling. Menus are viewed on open physical display, laminated and hygienically cleaned at the bar and restaurant as well as being available digitally via QR code on your smartphone. Set menu Picnic breakfasts and lunches available for game drives. Bush breakfasts with live station and sundowners. Select premium wine list. The camp includes Tented Lounge area and a Bar tent.
Comfort & Convenience
- Private Location ~ The camp is located in a secluded area of the Masai Mara National Reserve, far from other properties so guests enjoy a truly “exclusive” safari.
- Sand River ~ The camp overlooks Sand River, a picturesque combination of sand banks, dramatic rocks and riverine forest – an idyllic setting for a late breakfast!
- On the Migration route ~ Sand River Masai Mara is quite literally on the Migration route and guests are often fortunate to be able to watch wildebeest and zebra crossing the Sand River from the comfort of their tent verandah.
- Luxurious classic camp ~ The camp has an opulent feel, and evokes a feeling of having stepped back in time to the heyday of great safaris.
Activities & Entertainment
- Shared game drives in custom 4×4 vehicles
- Bush meals and sundowners
- Cultural experiences
- Swimming pool
- Visit to a local school supported by Land & Life Foundation
- Balloon safaris (price not included and pre-booking required)