Elewana Elsa’s Kopje Meru
Elewana Elsa’s Kopje remains one of the most elegant lodges in Africa, located in one of the most spectacular settings. Nestled into Mughwango Hill, the lodge enjoys panoramic views over the Meru plains from almost any point within the grounds. Every cottage offers the perfect ‘room-with-a-view’, uniquely designed and crafted to incorporate the natural features of the rocky hillside. An elegant and comfortable lounge and dining area, gorgeous infinity pool, and stunning sundowner viewpoint make Elewana Elsa’s Kopje the ultimate safari destination. Unshamedly romantic and beautifully styled; a rugged, remote wilderness.
Meru’s rich wildlife diversity includes rare species specific to northern Kenya, such as Grevy’s zebra, gerenuk, lesser kudu, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, Beisa Oryx; over 450 bird species, as well as buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard and cheetah. And, with 13 permanent rivers flowing through the Park, hippos and crocodiles are regularly seen too. Meru National Park is a place of spectacular and dramatic scenery, with its ancient granite kopjes and breath-taking views across to the Nyambeni Range and Mount Kenya beyond
• 6 spacious Cottages ~ 5 doubles and 1 twin, all en suite (average 70m2)
• 3 Honeymoon Cottages ~ 2 spacious en suite doubles with a private decks and outside baths; 1 large triple level cottage with private sitting room, double en suite bedroom & a private deck (average 90m2)
• 1 Family Cottage ~ 2 en suite bedrooms, (1 double, 1 twin), sitting room, and a large private verandah (170m2)
• Private House ~ 1 double and 1 twin room (both en suite), shared sitting room, dining room, veranda and private pool (228m2)
Room Features & Amenities
King / twin bedroom, en suite bathroom and private deck Bathrobe & slippers Writing Desk & chair
Wine & Dine
Dining room offering; À la carte menu preparation focusing on freshness and safe food handling. Menus are viewed on open physical display, laminated and hygienically cleaned at the bar and restaurant as well as being available digitally via QR code on your smartphone. Set menu Picnic breakfasts and lunches available for game drives. Bush breakfasts with live station and sundowners. Select premium wine list.
Comfort & Convenience
• Rhino Sanctuary ~ Meru National Park incorporates an 84km² rhino sanctuary,
• The Adamson Story ~ The lodge is built overlooking the site of George Adamson’s camp at the foot of the hill and the park was the playground of Elsa the lioness of BornFree fame. The lodge is full of memorabilia and images of George, Joy and their lions.
• Exclusive Meru Park Safari ~ With only a handful of camps and lodges in and around Meru, Elsa’s guests have the luxury of enjoying the Park almost entirely to themselves. The highest peak in Meru Park, Mughwango Hill enjoys 360° panoramas over the volcanic plains.
• Unique and Elegant Boutique Lodge~ The lodge is beautifully designed and furnished with elegant antiques and historical pictures. Elsa’s Kopje boasts one of the most picturesque infinity pools, it’s design incorporating the natural rocky features.
Activities & Entertainment
• Shared game drives in custom 4×4 vehicles
• Guided bush walks up Mughwango Hill (age restrictions apply to children under 16yrs)
• Bush meals and sundowners
• Fishing in the Tana or Rojewero rivers (catfish, tilapia and barbel)
• Visits to community projects and school supported by Land & Life Foundation
• Massage, manicures and pedicures
• Child-friendly activities
Ideal location for Wedding event